Natural Home Remedies

Post questions and get answers for all your alternative and natural healing Home Remedies

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Chronic Pain Syndrome

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aussiegal

PostSubject: Chronic Pain Syndrome   Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:41 pm

I have been diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome 18 months ago and have lost count of the number of treatments I've tried. It started in my right ankle after I sprained it and has since spread to both my feet.

This disorder affects the sympathetic nervous system. The worst symptom is the neuropathic pain (a burning and aching pain in both of my feet). I also get skin colour changes (going to a red/purple colour), excess sweating, dry skin etc.

My pain is managed with different drugs (like mexilitine and endep), although the side effects aren't great. Sad

Do you know of any natural remedies that I can try?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr. christopher

PostSubject: Re: Chronic Pain Syndrome   Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:26 pm

I hope you can recover soon from this illness, I put you with my prayers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisg

PostSubject: Re: Chronic Pain Syndrome   Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:12 pm

This may be a condition more for diagnosis first before home remedies can be suggested.

Last edited by chrisg on Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mtooles

PostSubject: Re: Chronic Pain Syndrome   Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi,

Don't know if you are still around but I thought you might be interested in at least some basic steps you might try to help you in dealing with RSD.

Most Important! No CAFFEINE, or anything that contains caffeine (including chocolate, OK OK you can cheat once in a great while with the chocolate if you watch all other intake) caffeine stimulates the nerves. If you are addicted to caffeine the most painless way to stop is to drink ginseng tea, (found in most grocery stores) it gives a lift and eases caffeine withdrawals such as headache and irritability. Eventually you should give up the ginseng (a mild stimulant) and drink caffeine free herbal teas.

No Alcohol

No Smoking nicotine is a nerve stimulant, tobacco has a poison called solanine, that causes pain in muscles. Do not use nicotine patches or gum, they can cause a worsening of symptoms.

Foods you must avoid:

Wheat and foods containing gluten. (oats, barley malt, modified food starch, etc.). Substitutes: corn and rice pasta available at health food stores, as well as rice, sprouted grain bread and other wheat free breads (spelt, millet).

Avoid foods in the night shade family: tomato, white potato, eggplant, peppers, and tobacco, they contain solanine. Solanine is a poison, a natural carcinogen causing pain in the muscles, and aggravating symptoms. (Red skinned potatoes are recommended)

Sugar substitutes: aspartame, saccharine

Avoid food preservatives and additives as much as possible.

Animal protein: avoid red meat, avoid antibiotics in poultry & eggs if possible in your area.

Read all food labels so you know exactly what you are consuming.

Foods you must avoid at first: then slowly add one at a time back into your diet. It's recommended to keep a journal of symptoms when you introduce a food and avoid ones that cause trouble.

Dairy products and foods containing dairy: use Rice Dream or Almond milk to substitute.

Sugar: check all food labels other names for sugar include: brown, granulated, powdered, dextrose, fructose, galalactose, glucose, glycogen, lactose (milk sugar) maltose, mannitol, monosaccharides, polysaccharides, sorbitol, sucrose, barley malt, honey, maple syrup, molasses, maple sugar, date sugar, turbinado sugar. Use stevia in replace of sweeteners.

Nuts: peanuts, pistachios, and walnuts
All fruits: and fruit juices, start back slowly to fruits by eating apples, grapefruits, strawberries, and melons.

What you can eat freely unless you are allergic:

eggs
all vegetables and legumes (except mentioned above)
fish/shell fish
whole grains: kamut, millet, brown rice, wild rice, spelt, teff
nuts: almond, brazil nut, filbert, macadamia nut, pecan, pine nut
poultry: chicken, turkey, Cornish hen, duck, goose, game birds

Eat four to five small meals a day this gives the body the fuel it needs otherwise the body will rob the muscles of essential nutrients.

Drink water a gallon a day if you can, distilled only.

Psyllium: take one Tbls in large glass of water with aloe juice 2X a day to promote and maintain healthy bowels and rid the body of toxins.

Essential Supplements: use nondairy, gluten, yeast, artificial color and flavor free only.

A 5,000iu (protects the cells)
B complex, high potency, time released (helps restore healthy nerve function)
C at least 2000mg-5000mg a day (antioxidant, reduces inflammation & pain)
Calcium 2,000mg a day (strong bones, aids in neuromuscular activity)
Coral calcium if you can get it
D 400iu daily (relieves muscle spasms and pain)
E 400-600iu daily (antioxidant, maintains healthy nerves)
Glucosamine 1.5g a day (joint health, involved in formation of tendons ligaments, and bones)
Chrondroitin 1.2g a day (important in creating cartilage in joints)
Magnesium 750-1000mg a day (prevents: depression, dizziness, muscle twitching and weakness)
Lecithin 1,200mg 2X a day (helps nervous system, and is involved with neurotransmitters)

Herbal Supplements:

Primrose oil (essential fatty acid, anti-inflammatory) take as directed
Acidophilus friendly bacteria use non dairy formulas (maintains healthy digestive tract)
Spirulina high protein microalgae (contains nutrients that cleanse and heal the body)
Coenzyme Q10 100-200mg a Day (improves tissue oxygenation)

Topical Remedies:
Rosemary oil and lavender oil diluted with water or witch hazel rubbed onto the skin can relieve pain.

Zoltran* (Caspian cream) made from hot peppers can relieve pain (caution! apply with cotton this cream is hard to get off and really can burn) it works to inhibit substance P thought to be linked to pain.

Moderate Exercise is crucial in for recovery, in addition to physical therapy walking or hydrotherapy, depending on where you have the RSD/CRPS, at least three times a week (do not overexert yourself to much, this can aggravate symptoms) followed with gentle stretching. Try to stretch every day,

I truly wish you the best I know this is a devastating and life changing illness. Although I can not relate to your disorder specifically I do deal with a chronic and painful neurological condition myself so I do understand the journey.

Be Well,
Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://home-remedies-and-natural-cures.com
febiandoe

PostSubject: Natural Home remedies   Fri May 07, 2010 11:21 pm

All you need is on this site, you should never miss to visit here, because it's all about home remedies here. Perhaps I have given the information you need, but you do not need to thank me because the site is the source of this information

http://www.speedyremedies.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lynn_A

PostSubject: Re: Chronic Pain Syndrome   Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:13 pm

I've known a handful of people that have experienced a lot of success by using colloidal gold to treat CPS. It's certainly something worth looking into.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chronic Pain Syndrome   

Back to top Go down

Chronic Pain Syndrome
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1